Car Seat Safety
Car seat groups:
Car seats are categorized into the following groups, a category must be chosen so the child`s weight falls within the range indicated:
|Group||Child’s weight||approx. age of child|
|0||birth up to 10kg/22lb||birth up to 6-9 months|
|0+||birth up to 13kg/29lb||birth up to 12-15 months|
|0+ & 1||birth up to 18kg/40lb||birth to up to about 4 years|
|1||9-18kg/20-40lb||about 9 months to 4 years|
|1 & 2||9-25kg/20-55lb||about 9 months to 6 years|
|2||15-25kg/33-55lb||about 4 to 6 years|
|1, 2, 3||9-36kg/20-79lb||about 9 months to 12 years|
|2 & 3||15-36kg/33-79lb||about 4 -12 years|
Please note: some car seats will be approved in two or more groups.
All our car seats comply with current European regulations ECE R44-03 or ECE R44.04.
- Under no circumstances should a car seat be used on a passenger seat where there is an airbag.
- Correct fitting of all car seats and boosters is of paramount importance to make them most effective in the event of an accident. Not all car seats fit all cars and it is important to check for fitting suitability on all cars you intend fitting the seat to, as well as re-checking if you change your car.
- Always read the instruction booklet which comes with the car seat to achieve a safe and correct fitting, retaining the guide for reference.
- We recommend that babies shouldn`t be left in Group 0/0+ car seats for prolonged periods.
- Please make sure that you check the car seat you choose is suitable for your car before ordering.